Nanu Tudor’s recently awarded in Mexico, Serbia and Romania
MY UNCLE TUDOR, which has been the recipient of several prizes so far, lately won the Best Int. Short Documentary awards in the 24th Guanajuato Film Festival (Mexico) and in the 16th Shorts México, also the Best Short Film Award at 14th Beldocs (Serbia) and the Best Director Award in the Romanian competition at the 28th Astra Film Festival.
The film was screened recently at the 69th San Sebastian – Donostia, with upcoming presentations in the 50th Festival du Nouveau Cinéma (Canada) and in the 48th Film Fest Gent (Belgium).
By Olga Lucovnicova (Moldova) • 20' • 2020
After twenty years of silence, the filmmaker travels back to the house of her great-grandparents. There, she experienced harmful events that have left a deep imprint on her memory. The long-awaited family gathering runs counter to her attempts to overcome the past.
Previously presented in:
- Berlinale Int. Film Festival / Germany
- Hot Docs Film Festival / Canada
- ZagrebDox Int. Documentary Film Festival / Croatia
- Go Short Int. Short Film Festival / Netherlands
- Krakow Film Festival / Poland
- Docaviv Int. Documentary Film Festival / Israel
- Norwegian Short Film Festival / Norway
- Kurzfilm Festival Hamburg / Germany
- Sarajevo Film Festival / Bosnia-Herzegovina
- Ismailia Int. Film Festival / Egypt
- DokuFest / Kosovo
- Friss Hús Budapest Short Film / Hungary
- Aegean Film Festival / Greece
- New Holland Island International Film Festival / Russia
Upcoming presentations in October:
- Montréal Festival du Nouveau Cinéma / Canada
- Film Fest Gent / Belgium