The following documents are required for application:
1. Completed, and sent application e-form.
CV and motivation letter are each limited to 1000 characters (including spaces).
2. Authorised, stamped or certified copies of your previous Bachelor degree(s) translated to English by a sworn translator.
In the case of ongoing studies: an official school certificate in English stating that the applicant’s Bachelor Degree is due latest by 31 August 2018.
- Depending on the country of origin of the awarded diploma or certificate, there are various methods of authorisation. A list of countries and methods can be found here: List of authorisation procedures by country
- "Apostille seal" If you find the country of origin of your awarded diploma or certificate in column 1, click here to find the competent office.
- "Legalization" If you find the country of origin of your awarded diploma or certificate in column 2, click on the following link to find the competent Belgian embassy: Addresses of Belgian Embassies and Consulates abroad
- "Certification" If you find the country of origin of your awarded diploma or certificate in column 3: a certified true copy issued in the country of origin of your document will be accepted.
Please note: Certified copies are copies of original documents that are certified with a stamp and signature to confirm that the copies are true to the originals. You can have documents certified by the educational institution that issued the original documents. Documents that are certified by notaries are not always accepted, so don’t rely on it.
3. Certified copies of an English language certificate. Candidates are required a good spoken and written English.
English proficiency certificates: the minimum required level is B2 of the Common European Framework of Reference.
Students can prove their proficiency by the following means:
Providing one of the following English certificates with the minimum scores listed below:
- IELTS 6.0
- TOEFL iBT 79 or CBT 213 or PBT 550
- TOEIC Listening + Reading 605 Speaking 160 Writing 150
- ACT English 20 + Reading 20
- Certificate in Advanced English (CAE) grade A, B or C
- First Certificate in English (FCE) grade A, B or C
Providing an English-language higher educational diploma at an institute of higher education in one of the Inner Circle countries:
- United Kingdom
- United States of America
- New Zealand
- Canada (except Quebec)
- Caribbean Islands
- South Africa
Providing an English-language diploma at an institute of higher education (including statement that the BA study of at least 180 ECTS was conducted in English) and presenting a convincing application for a waiver of the requirement.
4. A link to the FILM made for the application ("I see, I hear, I film").
- Upload to YouTube or similar (unlisted link, no password!) a 3-minute film purposely made by you for the application, under the topic 'I see, I hear, I film', with English subtitles embedded in the video, even if spoken in English.
- The film shall underline a strong relationship with the surrounding reality.
- It shall focus on characters or places, and show a creative personal cinematic concept.
- The film has to be shot and edited by the applicant. No additional music, sound effects or video effects.
- Note that only unlisted links are acceptable. If the film is made available for public access your application will be automatically disqualified.
5. A link to the applicant's previous/additional film.
- Upload to YouTube (or similar) either a whole or part of one film previously made by you (max. 9-minutes in length), with English subtitles, and credits (mandatory).
- This previous/additional film, although required for the jury’s selection process, is viewed only if necessary in making decisions regarding the selection process.
6. One recent photo of yourself.
- Your photo must be a good quality head-shot with white background.
7. Copy of passport or ID card (EU) with expiration date.
- It is highly recommended that the expiration date is 31 August 2020 or later.
8. A residence certificate issued within 12 months before the submission deadline of the application, in accordance with the candidate's municipality normal registration rules or, a certificate from the candidate's place of work, study or training issued by the employer or institution in question.