DocNomads represented in Minsk Int. Film Festival, Belarus
The Minsk International Film Festival “Listapad”, held in November 4-11, selected four documentaries of students that graduated in 2015 and 2016 for the festival’s section National Film Schools Competition.
By Aleksandr Vinogradov
Belgium • 2015 • Color • 38' • o.v. French, English
A story about a chansonnier who’s name is Floh. She lives in the bohemian house on Rue de Plantes (Street of Plants) in one of the rough neighborhood of Brussels, which is also a red light area. The building shelters musicians, artists and prostitutes under one roof. They all got used to live in the house without making any plans for the future. But even being surrounded by kissing kin neighbors, Floh is like a bad seed, which can’t put down roots in this place because she belongs to the street.
Previously presented in:
- Visions du Réel International Film Festival, Switzerland (April, 2016).
TO KNIT A JUMPER FOR A BUTTON
By Robert Key
Portugal • 2015 • Color • 30' • o.v. English
How to capture, order, understand, and picture a world that always seems too big to comprehend? - Here, a story of the stories of those trying to reach a broader sense of life.
By Robin Petré
Hungary • 2015 • 26’ o.v. English, Hungarian
One of the largest deer farms in Europe is the scene of a conflict, in an atmosphere that transcends physical space. The pulse is a way to seize connections and disruptions within the Human-Animal relation, pulling us away or drawing us closer to Nature.
Previous and upcoming selections to:
- Visions du Réel International Film Festival, Switzerland (April, 2016)
- Sheffield Doc|Fest, United Kingdom (June, 2016)
- Budapest International Documentary Festival, Hungary (September, 2016)
- EcoFest, Romania (October, 2016). Best Short Film Award.
- MEDIMED Film Market, Spain (October, 2016).
- Jihlava IDFF Industry Programme, Czech Republic (October, 2016). Silver Eye Award.
- DocLisboa, Portugal (October, 2016).
- DOK Leipzig, Germany (November, 2016).
- 14th Festival Int. Signes de Nuit, France (December, 2016).
- Author’s Int. Film Festival Guadalajara, Mexico (2017).
WHITE SHEET OF PAPER
By Alexander Mihalkovich
Brussels • 2016 • Color • 11' • o.v. Byelorussian
The death or love or transformation of the lover? The process of losing and finding thyself in the story of one broken heart told by a man.