PORTRAIT OF ELIKA was awarded in Iran and Belgium
Maryam Bayani’s PORTRAIT OF ELIKA won a "Golden Prize" in the 48th Roshd International Film Festival of Iran and a "Special Mention" in the ECFA Documentary Shorts Competition of the 13th Filem'On Film Festival for Young Audiences in Belgium.
Recently the film has been also awarded the Youth Vision Award in the 21st United Nations Association Film Festival (UNAAF) held in San Francisco, USA.
By Maryam Bayani
2017 • 12' • Belgium
Little Elika explains that people in Iran like five things above all: rice, the sun, ice cream, fish and tulips. She gives a presentation about her home country in a Belgian school, which includes a Persian poem she translates directly into French. Her audience is amazed: Elika talks differently all of a sudden. And so something strange playfully becomes familiar.
Previously presented in:
- 64th Oberhausen International Short Film Festival, Germany (2018)
- 33rd Osnabrück Independent Film Festival, Germany (2018)
- 61st DOK Leipzig Film Festival, Germany (2018)
- 21st United Nations Association Film Festival, USA (2018)
- 6th Universal Kids Film Festival, Turkey (2018)
- 23rd Leuven International Short Film Festival, Belgium (2018)
- 13th Hamilton Film Festival, Canada (2018)
- 7th SOUQ Film Festival, Italy (2018)
- 1st Lost Land International Film Festival, United Kingdom (2018)
- 2nd Cinema Crianza Film Festival, Spain (2018)