“PULSE” wins a Silver Dove Award in DOK Leipzig, Germany
The graduation film “PULSE”, directed by Robin Petré, won the Silver Dove Award of the International Competition of Short Documentary and Animated Film at DOK LEIPZIG, one of the most renowned international documentary film festivals.
Recently the film also received the Green Years Competition Award at the 14th DocLisboa Film Festival (Portugal), a Silver Eye Award at the Industry Programme of the 20th Jihlava International Documentary Film festival (Czech Republic), and the Best Short Film Award at the 6th ECOFEST held in Bucharest (Romania).
When stags are kept in captivity the borderline between autonomy and servitude runs through every single individual animal. The relationship between man’s claim to power and the authentic elegance of the wild beast must be continuously rebalanced. With “Pulse”, Danish filmmaker Robin Petré has produced an entrancingly beautiful work and an astute reflection on the history and present state of this kind of animal husbandry.
by Ralph Eue, in DOK Leipzig 2016 catalogue
Hungary • 2015 • Color • 26' • o.v. English, Hungarian
Previous and upcoming selections to:
- Visions du Réel International Film Festival, Switzerland (April, 2016)
- Sheffield Doc|Fest, United Kingdom (June, 2016)
- Budapest International Documentary Festival, Hungary (September, 2016)
- MEDIMED Film Market, Spain (October, 2016).
- DocLisboa, Portugal (October, 2016).
- Minsk Int. Film Festival, Belarus (November, 2016).
- Author’s Int. Film Festival Guadalajara, Mexico (November, 2016).