The Doctor Leaves Last
After the revolution, Tanya stays in an improvised Medical Centre on Maidan (the central square in Kyiv) to treat the wounded. There are still many people who need medical help. Because of all the stress and exhaustion her health deteriorates severely, and Tanya is hospitalized. Meanwhile the situation in eastern and southern Ukraine is changing from provocations to real war. As soon as she recovers, she returns to her work on Maidan. But realizes she needs to make a decision: to stay on Maidan, to treat people, or go to the east. Whatever she decides, she will work to the end.
Film was premiered in IDFA (November 2014).
Selections and Awards
• IDFA - International Documentary Film Festival Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 2014
• Sheffield International Documentary Festival, 2015
• Vilnius International Film Festival, Lithuania, 2015
• Go Short - International Short Film Festival, Nijmegen, The Netherlands, 2015
• Docudays UA - International Human Rights Documentary Film Festival, Kyiv, Ukraine, 2015 - Special Mention Award