DocNomads films selected to Leuven Film Festival, Belgium
Clare Edlund’s graduation film The Virginity Project and Bronte Stahl’s short documentary Terril were selected to the documentary category of the Flemish competition in the 24th Leuven International Short Film Festival, held in Brussels between 30 November and 7 December.
By Clare Edlund
Belgium • 2019 • 25'
Clare has a huge problem. She is 26 and still a virgin. Eager to find out how that happened - or rather did not happen - she looks for answers. This documentary self-portrait features Tinder dates, scientists and fortune tellers.
By Bronte Stahl
13' • Belgium • 2018
The once flat region around Charleroi is now hilly, thanks to tons of mining waste. Telling a documentation-driven story, Terril investigates a tragic accident that occurred in 1956 as a consequence of the industrial revolution.
Previously presented in:
- 48th International Film Festival Rotterdam, The Netherlands
- 22nd CinemAmbiente Environmental Film Festival Torino, Italy
- Alchemy Film & Arts Festival, UK
- 37th Rhode Island International Film Festival, USA
- 38th Uppsala International Short Film Festival, Sweden
- 61 ZINEBI International Festival of Documentary and Short Film, Spain
- CinemaForum International Short Film Festival, Poland
- 5th InScience Film Festival, Netherlands
- 14th Pravo Ljudski Film Festival, Bosnia-Herzegovina
- Porto Post/Doc, Portugal – Youth Award
- 26th Minsk International Film Festival “Listapad” - Award for Most Creative Storytelling